per•qui•site [pûr'kwĭ-zĭt] n.
1: a privilege, gain, or profit incidental to regular salary or profit.
2: something held as an exclusive right or possession.
3: a bonus received being a student of the Algonquin College Sommelier Program.
All students of the Algonquin College Sommelier Program are eligible for the following services and privileges:
- Express dinner in the Restaurant International – book in advance; arrive between 5:30 and 6:00 pm, 2 courses - $11.95 + tax and gratuity
- Boxed set of 6 INAO tasting glasses - from C. A. Paradis, 1314 Bank Street – Ottawa’s premium wine accessories and restaurant supply store; from cork screws and decanters to personally-designed and custom-built wine cellars
- $5.00 discount on tickets to The California Wine Show, arguably the most popular single region/country wine event in Ottawa and always a sell-out
- Two scholarships (program dependent); both generously provided by the National Capital Sommelier Guild
- Two Sommelier Award of Excellence (program dependent) awarded each semester; generously supplied by Cave Spring Cellars and Vittoria Trattoria/Pillitteri Estate Wines, respectively
- Graduation Dinner/Sommelier pin; generously provided, C. A. Paradis Inc.
- Sommelier Certificate Program web site at www.sommelier.ca that will keep you current with the wine scene in Ottawa
- Wine to taste in class from premium VQA wineries, via the Algonquin Partners' Program, which is not part of your course material fees
- Introduction to The National Capital Sommelier Guild that was formed and is populated, primarily, by Algonquin Sommelier Certificate Grads
- Guild members – 10% discount C. A. Paradis, 10% discount House of Cheese, ½ price Vines magazine subscription, 15% discount Blasted Bottles
Last Updated on Thursday, 18 September 2008 00:50